Current Events

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Lawrence House photos Sept 2008

News from Skots Studio Works and Journal. The interior of the Lawrence House is very elegant and warm and I thought it would make for a nice father and son portrait by the fireplace, all we needed was a fire and a snifter of brandy , I enjoy our eclectic talks on all matter of things including the arts. The opening on Sept 5 th 2008 was well recieved,evidently a record for the Lawrence House ,including sales, I think its a good place for a "house party"I put most of my paintings in the upstairs Turret Room which was nice, I like the stained glass windows casting their golden light thru the room, and the victorian furniture added warmth and comfort to the show, mixed in with Fathers multi media pieces, gave the House a real eclectic ,serendipity feel, lots of different stuff from our past and present , Father show entitled "Old N New", seemed to capture the essence of both our shows in this Victorian Mansion, recently restored to new appeal and use for the arts. Many old and new friends came out along with a big family turnout, quite a few surprises too, Special moments included my grandmother's smilin face and beautiful acoustic songs from Jim Chevalier,I like to thank all those that joined in this special occasion of Father and son first exhibition together, and perhaps we can do it again in the future, I'll post more photos from the show and a video.